Engineered Structures (AES) is seeking a Marketing Staff Manager for Aluminum Extrusions to manage theMarketing Pre-Sales Team of 7; as they evaluate RFQs, optimize their processes, meet internal performance goals, drive growth, and improve win rates. The ideal candidate will engage respectfully with all stakeholders, anticipate challenges, proactively bring solutions, and champion integrity. This position reports to the Marketing Manager, and is based in Lafayette, IN.
This position is responsible for the management of the quote and pre-sales department for AES Extrusion business. In addition, the position requires support and execution of the Extrusion business plan by utilizing AES price schedules and product data, marketing procedures, cost accounting, supply chain management, plant production capabilities, and product characteristics.
The Marketing Staff Manager position within AES encompasses setting high level performance targets, risk mitigation strategies and disciplined execution to support commitments made to the customer and the organization, including but are not limited to:
- Manage the Lafayette-based Quote Team, Presales Team, Quote Master Administrator, and Marketing Team; as they evaluate RFQs, optimize their processes, meet internal performance goals, drive growth, and improve win rates
- Manage Price Pages for LP shapes, SP shapes, Extruded Tubing, Drawn Tubing, Cold finished & Extruded Rod & Bar, and Forge Stock; both internally, (Quote Master System) and Externally (Customer copies).
- Support Market Managers by Providing Contract, Research and Revenue analysis related to cost and productivity data for relevant markets across all North American Extrusion plants
- Prepare “Package Bids” for strategic or large pieces of business that require attention outside of normal transactional quoting
- Approve and Communicate ATMC’s (Authorization to meet competition) and maintain the proper documentation in the ATMC logbook.
- Manage Contract pricing in Oracle, via creation and maintenance of price lists and agreements.
- Help direct business to sites/equipment per business guidelines, capacity, and optimal manufacturing flow paths and cost
- Gather data and update the marketing department’s file on “Competitor Information”
- Correlate information and gather material for preparation of confidential reports and correspondence
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Leadership — Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Stress Tolerance — Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Disciplined Execution — Job requires holding the ISR team accountable through daily execution to the plan. When required, he/she will need to be able to dive into details to ensure operational success.
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Social Perceptiveness — Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Time Management — Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Problem Sensitivity — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a sales and/or marketing role in a manufacturing environment;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a position of leadership;
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position;
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- 5 years’ experience within the automotive industry or aerospace & defense industry
- 5 years’ minimum management experience in sales and/or marketing.
- This position requires the ability to communicate effectively and courteously within all levels of internal and external customers. Incumbent must have excellent interpersonal skills sufficient to coach, counsel, and motivate others.
- Oracle, Quote Master, IS Menu, Database Operating Systems.
- The incumbent may have access to important and sensitive information and must be able to handle this information appropriately.